Saturday, July 31, 2010

Finn Returns

Sleepy man in my office

Finn finally came home tonight, ten days after he'd left.  Today it had been overcast and raining for the first time in a month, and I'm guessing that that's what drove him back home.  He didn't appear to be hurt at all -- just missing his collar and quite a bit thinner than when he left, but otherwise obviously happy to be home: chatty and hungry.  He's purring on my leg at the moment.  His amazing new skill is the ability to fall into REM sleep after about 90 seconds of immobility, and to wake up to full alertness in about the same amount of time.

Laura said "I'm as happy now tonight as I was inconsolable last night."

Finn is now grounded.  As much as we believe in letting him live his life as he wants to, he's only a year old, and one day out of ten is not enough, especially if he's going to be losing a $20 collar and tag every time he goes on walkabout.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray Finn! I mentioned last post that I've heard of 3 sad cat stories this week - I am glad to report that 2 of them have now ended happily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! We are SO glad that he is back. I never realized how much I could love a stupid little pile of fur and teeth like him... but I do. And I feel like my world is right again, now that he is back. Laura is smiling and laughing again. He really was an integral part of our stupid world, and now he's back.

    Wait, you said 2?! Okay, you need to be blogging again, my friend. Because I want to know who else has a happy story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know Finn is back!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, Linear Programming? Artificial Intelligence? Oh my ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny, thanks! And, yeah, such is my bookcase for work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One year old cats do take a walkabout, it sucks. I'm glad to hear Finn survived his manly trial!

    ReplyDelete