Saturday, July 10, 2010

Best Movie Finale Ever

I've probably posted this in the past -- I am a forgetful creature of habit, after all -- but TGTB&TU is one of my favorite films, and very much a cinema classic, and I have it playing in the background, so I'm thinking of it.  My dad and I would watch it, and he could name the make and model of every gun in use in the film -- usually pointing out how they got the year wrong, or the gun wrong, or something.  Dad was a geek, only from a different time.



Amusingly, one of my coworkers looks exactly like Tuco (the Ugly). I call him that on a regular basis. He is not amused.

2 comments:

  1. My G knows all the guns - video games: bringing generations together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny, DG.

    I still laugh at this. Dad and I would be watching some western when he would break out in consternation, "that's WRONG! That's a model 1886 Winchester carbine in .38-40 caliber, but that caliber wasn't even around back then, and the 1886 was never made in a carbine!"

    I'd laugh and ask, "no way, dad. When was the first year it was made in a carbine."

    Cue 45 minutes of information on guns that have long since left my head. Ah, dad, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete