Monday, July 5, 2010

Focus on what is important

Zooey is our calico.  Or, should I say, Laura's calico.  But I've kind of claimed her as mine, too, since we have become boon companions.  She tours the garden with me when I go outside, she sleeps on a cushion in my office when I work, and she grumbles and growls at me when I don't pay her enough attention.

Tonight, I just finished practicing some songs, and she came in the room to say this:


After she made herself known like this and was satisfied that she was the center of attention, she proceeded to deal with pressing cleanliness matters:


That being done, she wrote in that all was cool and I was free to do my thing, and that she would stretch herself out as a compliment to whatever the hell useless work it was that I was doing:


What really matters?

1 comment: