Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Night Music: John Barleycorn


I've listened to Traffic for years and years and.. years. This old folk tune adaptation of theirs has always appealed to me. It is a metaphor of learning to grow, and to brew.

Finn has been gone now for three days. If he doesn't come back soon, I will be hitting the wares of J. Barleycorn, I think.

BONUS! Arctic Monkeys!



She walked away, well her shoes were untied,
And the eyes were all red,
You could see that we've cried, and I watched and I waited,
'Till she was inside, forcing a smile and waving goodbye

1 comment:

  1. My colleague has got 3 dogs and one of them often likes to take off on his own, usually doing some hunting and tracking. Since there are wild animals such as coyotes where my colleague lives, she can't always just wait for the dog to come back on his own. So, she has to drive her truck and look for the dog. Once, I joke that perhaps it will be interesting to find out where her dog has gone to by putting a little camera on his collar.

    Hope Finn comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete