Friday, December 11, 2009

Tick List I



That's enough for now, we're probably looking at 2-4 years of vacation and retraining there.  Artisanraju in particular is going to be a bitch, but more fun than you can shake a stick at!  Kautz should be easy; I almost made it up that one once already, were it not for an ill teammate.  Chopi is probably pretty straightforward, depending on the conditions (of course).  The one that intrigues me the most, believe it or not, is Baker: I've been on her slopes many times, in the form of rescue missions and skiing, but never tried to go for the summit.  I would be arrogant to consider the climb easy, considering how many bodies we've pulled off that mountain.

* "Raju" is apparently a native term for "mountain," in Quechua, the modern derivative of ancient Incan.  "Artisan" is clearly latin-based.  So perhaps it means "artist mountain?"

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. Looking forward to tales of the slopes.

    And now I know where the Paramount Mountain is. Trivia heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might like that, Wombat. :)

    ReplyDelete