Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Six Days then Two Trains



I'm home alone for a few days, then off for the New Year down south.   Just in time, Seattle's Sound Transit has opened a light rail link from the International District station directly to SeaTac airport that costs a total of $2.50 one way.  A far sight better than the $35 cab fare from King Station or $200 for five days of long-term parking at the airport!  I am looking forward to peering down on the I-5/405/Int'l Blvd snarl from the comfort of the Central Link rail this time, instead of from behind a wheel.

So I would like to take this moment to offer thanks for living in a place where I can park for free and then board a coast-hugging train in the morning, switch to a frequent light rail, and then be at the airport without parking, driving hassles, or worry (and having read a few chapters of an engrossing book, to boot!), all for about a tenth of the cost of gas and parking that I used to pay.  

2 comments: