Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh, No You Don't


Exhibit A: Infinite Depth of Kitteh

So, I had a huge rant ready to post about the latest Mt. Hood climber disaster and the usual laymen response to it (blah blah "they're insane" blah blah "ought to force climbers to pay for rescue insurance" blah blah "ZOMG MAH TAX DOLLARS!" blah blah "danger to themselves and the valiant rescuers!" blah blah Blah BLAH), but after about ten pages of fuming I got it out of my system and decided: be it resolved that (a) daring people aren't going to stop pushing their boundaries, and (b) whiners aren't going to stop whining, and (c) there are enough infuriated people around already: then, why, I suppose I'll just shut up. Perhaps have another glass of wine and ponder how spaghetti is harvested:



UPDATE 12/18/2009: Here ya go, Wombat--



5 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, Martian. Did you see that there has been a huge pasta sauce strike in the sea off Iceland? Deep-water, fer sher, but it's an elephant field nonetheless.

    So much for Peak Spaghetti.

    Re: Felines. I might have missed it, but what is Finn's brother's/sister's name? Those eyes see all, you know, right to the bottom of your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so they've tapped the infamous deepwater pasta deposits, have they, Wombat? Amazing that it was only a few years ago that we could but postulate of their existence, and now the sweet crude tortellini and vermicelli is being pumped out of there by the millions of strands. Progress waits for no one.

    That calico menace that you see soaking up the warmth in the background is Zooey, Finn's older and wiser step-sister, and a beauty in her own right. Let's see, I'm sure that I've got a flattering picture of her around here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder what the cats were thinking when you snapped those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, can't you smell the hot deliciousness issuing forth from the Icelandic pasta drilling rig? I'm told (confidentially) that special techniques did the trick; a Mediterranean method codenamed 'Farfalle and Fusilli' developed at the Italian state lunch company.

    Zooey is SO cute. She is indeed a beauty, and now has an admirer from afar. Thanks for the photo, it is making my day much better.

    You're a fortunate man. You got the girl AND her cats. Purrrfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny, I only took the close up of Finn with Zooey in the background. I suspect that at that moment, Finn was thinking "WTF, dude, I'm BORED" whereas Zooey was probably thinking "yup, all is well with the world, I'm warm, fed, and loved." The standard teenage/adult dichotomy.

    Wombat, I had no idea that technology had proceeded so far! I'm even angry, now, at the Icelanders, for stealing so much of our communal pasta heritage. It just seems wrong. Seems like we should have people out protesting, with signs. "ICELAND OUT OF PASTA!!" and so on, and so forth....

    Thank you much for your thoughts on Zooey, she is indeed a looker. I wish that I could say that she's a horrible cat, in order to balance the equation, but she's not: rather, she's a sweet creature prone to fetch hair ties and rubber bands. Unless your name is Finn, then she might give you a right hook and whack you off the cat tower.

    I am pretty fortunate.

    ReplyDelete