Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Geekiness


(T-shirts can be found here)

Laura comes home tomorrow after a few days out of state, so of course I'm not cleaning up the house or getting anything ready for her because I'm totally geeking out with my brand new weather station! Just FYI, it's currently 22ºF and 80% humidity in my garden.  The dew point is 16ºF, and the barometer is reading 30.31 inches of mercury.  Ooh, update: now it's 21º and 81%!

This kind of stuff makes me smile.  I dunno why, I just love playing with gadgets.  Whenever I get in this way, L says something along the lines of "OMG you are SUCH a superdork!" which might sound bad, but when it's followed by her exclamation that "dorks are so sexy *wink*" it's enough to make a man smile even wider.

There was a time when "nerd" was a pejorative term, and I somehow missed when that changed.  When did it happen?  There seem to be hordes of women who like dorks -- my friend Jamie has a crush on the entire cast of "The Big Bang Theory," for example, and she's just one of many.  And don't even get me started on geeky women, who almost universally seem to wear those sexy librarian eyeglasses.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  It's awfully nice to be admired & desired for just being who you are.

UPDATE: 19º, 86%, 15º dewpoint @ 8:41pm.  Yes yes, I know, you're on the edge of your seat just like me!

2 comments:

  1. You need to be smart to be a geek and it's better to be smart than to be stupid.

    "It's awfully nice to be admired & desired for just being who you are." -- I think that's what true love is about, right? You are very lucky, you know :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does Blogger eat my comments, Martian?

    Here's the short version: It would be fun to plant a Martian Station wherever you go, and form a weather network. I see you're limited by the wireless range of the device, but there must be some way to create a network. Right?

    ReplyDelete