Friday, October 30, 2009

How Come...




...nobody ever told me how totally awesome the remade series of Battlestar Galactica was?!  I mean, I liked the original, being a gangly teenage nerdoid and all: lots of fun memories watching Starbuck blasting the evil Cylons to pieces.  But this new one just blows it away, and methinks the new Starbuck is a definite upgrade, hubba hubba.

Reminds me of another one.  What was the name of it?  Remember?  There was a moonbase, and some kind of explosion blasted the moon out of orbit and hurling through space.  All the walls of the moonbase seemed to be made out of plate glass, and they had spaceships called "Eagles" that always seemed to be crashing or otherwise failing at the most inopportune moments.  It had to've been the crappiest sci fi series ever produced, and I remember loving every second of it.  Even tried to make a lego replica of one of those fitful Eagles.

Oh, yeah, I remember now.  SPACE: 1999.  HAHAHAHAHA!

UPDATE: If you've not seen the new BSG and might be inclined towards renting and watching it, I'd suggest that you rent the miniseries that inspired it, first.  There's a whooole lot of backstory that is explained in the the miniseries....

4 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I loved that show. Martin Landau wasn't it? He perfected that deep-space ten light-year stare, although it might have been him wondering just how drunk he was when he agreed to join the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Martin Landau. Is it just me, or did he have just the weirdest mouth ever? For one, it was huge, but it also angled in a totally strange way. His ability to create an incredulous stare is matched only by that ten light-year state. How right you are, Wombat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, for sure, Mr Landau's gob could accommodate at least one cantaloupe at a time. I think they say that movie/tv people have proportionally much larger heads than the rest of us. Landau didn't just pay lip service to this dictum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikes, you slay me, Wombat. "Landau's gob could accomodate at least one cantaloupe at a time." HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete