Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here Comes Finn


Finn Attacks!

Next week I'm going to be driving down to Seattle to spend a few days with Laura, who is flying in for some class or seminar or something, I dunno.  That woman takes a lot of classes.  And she's got a lot of letters and titles after her name to show for it.  Whatevs, it's going to be FunTime2000™!

A month after that, she's moving up to my town, bringing with her that little fella up above, who will henceforth have the chance to attack not just her helmet (lower right), but also my helmet (upper center).  With his laser eyes.  Guesses about how fast his butt was wiggling at the moment that shutter closed are welcomed.

I see these things as very positive developments, and I'm looking forward to knocking Finn over on a more regular basis.  You wanna stand up, little cat?  No way.  I'm going to push you over.  What're you going to do?  I weigh more than ten times what you do, and I have to maintain the social pecking order.  You lose, blackfurryman.  Until night time, that is, when you leap upon me every five minutes.  Hence we shall call a truce: I don't knock you over, and you don't wake me up.  (Fat chance of this cease-fire holding very long....)

But I'm probably going to end up leaving the fireplace burning a lot for that little guy, knowing how much he's going to miss his Colorado fireplace (upper right).  A guy can't go from warm soaks in front of the stove every day, to cold floors underfoot, it's just not fair.

4 comments:

  1. I believe there is a number, the Cat Constant. It is the greater than one, non-rational number by which one multiplies one's life's joys, the product demonstrating how much a cat in one's house improves everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to let him know who is on the very top of the pecking order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put, Wombat. Who needs a television when you've got a kitten and a piece of string? Tomorrow I'm going to go out and get a kid's fishing pole and tie a toy mouse to the line. I like your Cat Constant -- especially the fact that it is irrational!

    Yeah, I do, Tiny. He's a feisty little guy and always willing to push the boundaries, even if it does result in his older sister giving him a smackdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, Martian. Cat fishing is fun for angler AND cat.

    Yes, I'm large into irrationals at the moment. Wish I be smart enuff to understand them.

    ReplyDelete