Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gah!




Wow. So. I started this thing up as a new ranting outlet a while back, but apparently lost control of work and life for a while, and so here it has sat, as lonely as a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest. Wait, that wasn't the right simile. Anyway. In my defense, it was high summer when I restarted, and summer in the greater Seattle area pretty much kicks ass† to a degree you would not expect given how much winter can suck donkey balls. And the donkey balls, they get sucked, you mark my words. It's only october, but winter is coming on strong: it was as dark as a duck's butt tonight at 6:30pm when I got home. Yeah, there's the right simile.

My last ranting endeavor on blogger was mostly a place to vent about my trainwreck of a girlfriend at the time, which turned out to be a useful (and therapeutic) thing. Bloggers and online people tend to be insightful and opinionated, or at least empathic. That was all pretty useful. I'm not back here to try to regain that former community (which grew rather larger than I wanted) -- although Enigma seems to have found me already (hi Enigma!) -- but rather to return to the regular self-examination that I seem to have lost lately, and hopefully recover some of the outside insight. Heh. I like that. "Outside insight." I'm fuckin' genius! Also, too.

I don't have the bipolar girlfriend anymore. Nor do I live in that same city. I haven't climbed a serious peak since a (failed) attempt on a moderate route on Rainier two years ago, and I haven't been invited on an expedition since then, either, so there are no new pictures of insane mountains. I do have this:



There is much to be said for calm water, endless seas, and new beginnings.

†One does not waste amazing weather sitting inside on a computer. No, one does not.

5 comments:

  1. Here's to new beginnings!! And isn't every day a chance to begin again? ;)
    Here's to open windows when the door is closed and noticing the open windows after focusing on those closed doors for just way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure, don't waste those northwestern summers, Martian. You're making blogger your winter home then? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Exception! You know that I lean Buddhist, so I definitely agree with you. We're alive now, and the only moment that matters is right now. Every instant is a new chance....

    You know it, Wombat, better than many. And this summer has been fan.Tas.TIC. You're probably spoiled down there now in sunny Florida, but we seriously had sun and warm from early May until just last week! And yeah, I think I'm back to blogging again, for real. I suppose that we're all driven to write, and it's such an easy way. I was rather pleased to see that you're back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back here, Mr. Martian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny! Thank you. I hope that you're well, I need to swing by and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete