Monday, March 29, 2010

Snapoutofit



It has been something of a rough weekend and a rough start of a week for me. Some things that are pretty important to me and my own sense of self-worth kind of imploded, and I've been thoughtful ever since.

I'm reminded of a quote by Joseph Campbell:

Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

That is, where we fail is where we have the chance to learn what our shortcomings are and eventually succeed in overcoming them. Without the knowledge of what we lack, we can't become better. I get that, and I'm trying to put it into action.

It's just that the colossal failure in the first place is a serious bummer.

And now a followup video that never fails to make me smile no matter how bummed out I get:

2 comments:

  1. If life would only keep to the path that we anticipate - the rocks and hills coming when we can see them and are ready. Yesterday I was asked if I have ever failed anything - I said no as although I might have felt as if I failed at the time, in hindsight, it all seems just another chance to learn. It is the roughest parts of the journey that seem to leave me finding myself and gratitude that much more.

    (I really need a cup of coffee! ;) )

    ReplyDelete